Hillary Clinton, one of the most dishonest and corrupt politicians in recent history, has made a statement (video above) which ranks with Richard Nixon’s classic, “I am not a crook.” While running a campaign based upon one lie after another about Bernie Sanders, she responded to a truthful complaint about her by saying, “I am so sick of the Sanders campaign lying about me. I’m sick of it.” The Hill reports:
“I am so sick of the Sanders campaign lying about me. I’m sick of it,” the visibly angry Democratic presidential hopeful said, pointing a finger in a woman’s face, in a video posted by Greenpeace.
The exchange came as the woman pressed Clinton on taking donations from the fossil fuel industry and asked if she would reject their campaign contributions in the future.
“I do not have — I have money from people who work for fossil fuel companies,” Clinton responded, before calling the rival campaign’s claims lies.
Clinton’s campaign has accepted sums from fossil fuel companies. According to a Huffington Post report from July of last year, most of her campaign’s largest bundlers at the time were lobbyists for the industry.
In other words, Clinton is accusing the Sanders campaign of lying in response to an environmental activist making a true accusation against Clinton.
In contrast, Clinton has been caught telling multiple lies about Sanders, and was even been chastised for her lying about Sanders by many people, including a former adviser to Bill Clinton, and The New York Times, which has endorsed Clinton. Among her top lies of the campaign
- Claiming Sanders opposed the auto bailout prior to the Michigan primary.
- Distorting Sanders’ record on gun control, despite Sander’s D- rating from the NRA, and despite Clinton having run as a pro-gun churchgoer in 2008.
- Tying Sanders to both far left and far right groups, reminiscent of her dishonest smear campaign against Obama in 2008.
- Falsely claiming that Sanders was trying to get someone to run a primary campaign against Obama in 2008.
- Falsely claiming that Sanders wrote an anti-Obama forward to a book.
- Scare stories claiming that Sanders would take Medicare and Obamacare away from people.
- Claiming Sanders took about $200,000 from Wall Street firms.
- Claiming Sanders backed her disastrous plan to overthrow Qaddafi in Libya.
Clinton has also been caught telling other lies beyond lying about Sanders during this campaign, such as when she was caught rewriting history on her support for the defense of marriage act. (She has also been caught lying about Donald Trump and other Republicans by the factcheckers, but there is already too much here to go into that today.)
Of course Clinton has a long history of lying which is not limited to her political opponents, such as her false claims of a tie between Saddam and al Qaeda to justify the Iraq war, and the many lies she has told about her conduct as Secretary of State.
There was no reason for Clinton to run such a dishonest campaign considering the degree to which Sanders has wanted to stick to the issues, but Clinton could not help herself. Lying is what she does (and having a habitual lier and warmonger as Commander in Chief is quite scary). This is also not very wise politically. There are already many Sanders supporters who will probably not vote for her if she wins the nomination, and bogus attacks on Sanders such as this will not help matters.