The right wing operates under many delusions, including:
- Their policies promote capitalism, as opposed to acting to destroy the free market system and replace it with plutocracy
- They promote limited government despite their social polices which increase the amount of government intrusion in the lives of individuals and fiscal policies which have led to more growth of government under Reagan and Bush than seen under Democrats
- Creationism is a plausible alternative to evolution to explain the development of complex organisms
- The strong scientific evidence for climate change is all a hoax
- Jews will vote Republican if they claim to be stronger supporters of Israel
Their delusion that Republicans can pick up Jewish votes was most recently seen with claims from conservative sources such as the National Review that a recent poll shows that only 43 percent of Jewish voters will vote to reelect Barack Obama. This finding is just too absurd to spend much time debunking, but Adam Serwer described how bogus the poll was to save everyone else the trouble.
Despite their delusions about attracting other voters with their bogus claims, Republicans primarily remain the party of white, Christian, male voters–especially if they have no heart and no brain.
As I previously wrote on this topic, “Jewish voters are not going to support a fundamentalist Christian theocratic political party.” It is easy to predict the results of a poll asking Jewish voters whether they would ever consider voting for Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, or even the more mainstream (but still extreme right wing) potential Republican candidates.