Bush is The Commander Guy

George Bush has been the decider. Now he is “the Commander Guy.” The Caucus quotes Bush in explaining his veto of the Iraq funding bill which calls for withdrawal of the troops:

“The question is, ‘Who ought to make that decision, the Congress or the commanders?,’’ Mr. Bush said. “As you know, my position is clear – I’m the commander guy.”

If Bush read the Constitution, he would know the actual title is Commander in Chief. If he also read the Constitution, he would also realize thate there are limits on his authority.

janet says:

OMG, when I was running around yesterday, I heard something about this and I thought it was a joke–you know–someone trying to impersonate Bush by saying the kind of mangled things he says. I did not know he really said this.

In my opinion, he should be impeached for this alone.

Janet,

Perhaps, but the Constitution does not list stupidity as grounds for impeachment.

Imagine if we had a Democratic President going around talking like this. We’d never hear the end of it from the right wing noise machine, which would constantly be questioning his competence.

Heather says:

First I resent Bush playing the military card. My personal opinion is Bush is a gutless coward that used the Texas Air National Guard as a draft dodge to avoid active duty in Vietnam with Daddy “Warbucks” Bush pulling the necessary strings. Had Dubya wanted to go to Vietnam was nothing to stop him from enlisting active duty in any branch of the Armed Forces, he simply chose not to, I interpret that as cowardice, just on my instincts or feminine intuition. He disgusts me and I hold him in contempt for the above reason and the innocent blood on his hands, not to mention a long laundry of reasons.
    It just frustrates me that Bush may not be held accountable for his constitutional misconduct.
    I am so upset at what Bush and his merry neocon trolls have done to our country.
    I desperately await the day “Bush Monarchy” ends. Bush unemployed never sounded so good to me! The only thing he will be good for is replacing the Cavemen on the Geico commercials…”So easy a Bush can do it” of course with the syllable challenged Dubya it may be 100 takes before “its a wrap.

battlebob says:

Heather….
    Now you did it….
    It is time for the right-wingnuts to come out about how Kerry’s service was a lie…
    Get ready Ron…

janet says:

Wow Heather! Well put. We were against the Vietnam war back in the day but my boyfriend at the time (now my hubby) received his draft notice because his number was 20. He went for his physical and bad knees with a doctor’s letter that he was unfit for duty didn’t keep him from being certified. He would have done his duty if the draft hadn’t ended in the nick of time. We went through a lot of stress over it–it was horrible and it also infuriates me that Bush went AWOL and had strings pulled and everything else.

How dare he…how DARE he call himself the “commander guy”!!!!

nabalzbbfr says:

Commander guy stopped terrorist attacks on US cities. What did Clinton do? Storm a compound in Waco and send a little boy back to live in the socialist paradise that is Cuba, after his mother died trying to escape. Sent in federal SWAT to Blow the brains out of Randy Weaver’s wife and baby.Bite his lip and squeeze out a fake tear as embassy’s, Navy ships, and civilian air planes were blown up by Osama and his buddies.

You must be kidding. Commander Guy didn’t stop terrorist attacks. While Clinton went after al Qaeada and actually did stop terrorist attacks, Bush ignored multipe warnings and failed to stop the big attack. Bush also ignored the recommendations for action against al Qaeda passed on by the Clinton administration.

Not only did Commander Guy ignore all the warnings about the attack, he froze when the attack came and was paralyzed for two days.

Commander Guy then attacked the wrong country, and pursued a foreign policy which strengthens al Qaeda and Iran and placed the United States at greater risk of attack. When Kerry ran against Commander Guy recommending measures to increase homeland security, Commander Guy just said they are too expensive.

Love Notes says:

Hey!…Thanks for the nice read, keep up the interesting posts..what a nice Tuesday