Women Talk More Than Men

Here’s a study which many will say does not come as a surprise, women talk three times as much as men:

It is something one half of the population has long suspected – and the other half always vocally denied. Women really do talk more than men.

In fact, women talk almost three times as much as men, with the average woman chalking up 20,000 words in a day – 13,000 more than the average man.

Women also speak more quickly, devote more brainpower to chit-chat – and actually get a buzz out of hearing their own voices, a new book suggests.

The book – written by a female psychiatrist – says that inherent differences between the male and female brain explain why women are naturally more talkative than men.

In The Female Mind, Dr Luan Brizendine says women devote more brain cells to talking than men.

yucca says:

i guess some people will be all to ready to use this as grounds for work discrimination…

p.s. why does the quote repeat itself?

Gail says:

This Dr. Brizendine has a lot of nerve calling herself a feminist, when she’s just repeating the same shit we’ve been hearing since the beginning of time. Even if she does have some statistics backing up her arguments, she would benefit women more if she kept this to herself. Oops, she can’t do that, she loves hearing the sound of her own voice, as all women do (sarcasm!). If men’s and women’s brains are so different, and these differences are inbred, then why are we hearing more and more about teenage girls being violent? Back in my teenage days (the 1970s), violent behavior was for boys only, and unheard of in girls.

kj says:

Of course women talk more than men… faster, too! 😉
    In fact some days, I talk to my cat (who’s female), and she talks to me, more than my husband talks to either one of us!

hahahaha! b;-)

kj says:

“And, if that wasn’t enough, the simple act of talking triggers a flood of brain chemicals which give women a rush similar to that felt by heroin addicts when they get a high.”

OMG, this SO explains what happens when my sisters, sister-in-law and nieces get together! Bwaahhahaha!

kj says:

Of course, my father and uncles (on my mother’s side) could out-talk my Grandma, so I dunno about this…

I’d better call one of my sisters and ask her she what she thinks. 😉

kj says:

Have I said too much? *eek*

Probus says:

It is good that women talk more. God gave them brains and they are using them. Communication is the best way to express one’s self. It’s good to communicate and if it gives them a rush. More power to them.

kj says:

Thank you, Probus. 😉
    You know, sometimes knitting just isn’t enough. 🙂