Democratic Daily’s Dishonest Response on Criticism of Anti-Semitism

Ginny has posted a response at The Democratic Daily to my post on hate crimes and tolerance of anti-Semitism, including tolerance of anti-Semitism at The Democratic Daily. Her post is a highly inaccurate and dishonest spin on events but at least does bring out the point that Pamela had the goal of stopping me from posting on Mel Gibson. This was a developing story at the time with new events every day, but Pamela wanted me to stop my criticism of Gibson. Apparently, in their view, I was being myopic in seeing Gibson’s anti-Semitism as something bad. Sorry, I will not apologize for that. Nor can I condone Pamela’s initial defense of Mel Gibson, and her attacking me for sticking up for principle and condemning Mel Gibson and anti-Semitism.

And yes Ginny, Pamela did edit things on the blog. and your claims to the contrary do not change reality. I also note that, while I limited this to one issue, Pamela’s defense of Mel Gibson and her attacks on me for criticizing this, both Pamela and Ginny feel the need to both falsely cry libel and then show their true colors by adding in all sorts of personal attacks. At least it is out in the open. In a way that is better than the personal attacks they launched against me behind my back (with some notifying me) the last few months.

Ginny and Pamela have spread far too many lies about me to even attempt to respond to them all. Besides, that is not the point. The point remains sticking to principles in opposing anti-Semitism. Pamela first says she will not attack me at Democratic Daily, and then she and Ginny concoct this scheme to post a bunch of lies about me with the offer to take down their lies if I will take down my post. It’s not going to work, for while Pamela has been commenting all day, no where does she own up to her actions. No where does she acknowledge that it might have been wrong to defend Mel Gibson, that it might have been wrong to blind side me by siding with those who posted defending Gibson, that it was wrong to trivialize Holocaust denial, and that it was wrong to try to keep me from speaking out on these issues. Pamela and Ginny certainly have no qualms about trying to rewrite history and spreading a bunch of lies.

It is rather creepy that my criticism of anti-Semitism would be labeled an attack on The Democratic Daily and lead to such a barrage of personal attacks.

kj says:

You mean there’s more drama?
    I don’t think I can wrap my head around more drama.
    I want a comedy. Ron, I want COMEDY!
    Or some faux Amy Sherman-Paladino dialog.

kj says:

Actually, I’m wrong. There really isn’t any comedy, or clever dialog delivered at a really fast-pace, to counteract today’s public airing of situation that has gone on– behind the scenes– for far too long.

kj,

Now we are getting back to the important stuff. Faux Amy Sherman-Paladino dialog. Lorelai and Rory appear to speak. They move their lips and words come out, but something is wrong. They are not their real words. It’s like when Sorkin left The West Wing.

kj says:

Ron,

I am already beginning to mourn the end of Lorelai and Rory as I’ve come to know them. And JBK and I are not even finished with season six. I’m going to miss Stars Hollow nearly as much as I did Cicely from Northern Exposure. (By the way, the haunting song on the Northern Exposure series-ender was “Our Town,” from the CD “Infamous Angel” by Iris Dement. Gorgeous song.)

But, on the bright side, in this week’s Studio 60 there was a throw-away reference to Sandy Colfax, which was pretty cool. And Lauren Graham was one of the guest stars.

This week’s Gilmore Girls did have some moments which felt like the characters were themselves despite the change in writer.

I haven’t gotten around to watching Studio 60. My HD TV died last night, which means I couldn’t watch the things recorded on HD. I got a part which I think will fix it, and if not I’ll have to move the HD TV down from the bed room to watch the shows off the recorder. Things were much simpler when all TV’s were the same and I could just bring up one of the old TV’s from the basement.

For those who don’t know, last week Lauren Graham played the guest host on the fictitional Studio 60 which the show is about. (It was a very minor role on the actual show.) While I haven’t seen it, the previews billed last night’s show as being about the after party for the show which she guest hosted.

kj says:

I’ve been slimed on the internet before… accused of making statements I wouldn’t, in any lifetime, make. This situation is no different. I think it is just part of the nature of the internet. We read, decide, and surf on. There is no eye-contact, no body language and very little sound to give weight (or the lack of weight) to any particular statement. I would venture to say that the more dramatic, even hyperbolic, statements made on the net, or email, which if watched and heard in real time could be dismissed as melodrama, carry much greater weight than simple sentences stating simple facts carry.

We talked about this phenon in writers circle yesterday. There are a couple of women there who write both short stories and monologues. Their voices are so unique, so pitch perfect for their work, the differences between reading the monologues and hearing them is as different as seeing food on a page vs seeing it set in front of you, steaming fresh and hot.

Neither of these women have ever performed their work in public. When I heard that, I said I would secure the coffee house for their reading. Their work needs to be read aloud.

So, we lose that here on the ‘net. I think sometimes the lack of dimension is made up for by a bit of manufactured drama, just to supply that missing piece of something we all know we’re missing. But that’s just my thought, I really don’t know.

I think I missed something great by being born too late to be exposed to radio shows.

kj says:

Radio shows were also part of the last Studio 60 episode. There was a connection there. Just invisible. 😉

The part took care of the TV so I can start catching up. I doubt if I’ll get to Studio 60. Lost and The Nine are on TV tonight. Plus we didn’t get to Boston Legal last night, and my wife would vote for that over Studio 60. Actually I never finished Bill Maher from last Friday night–having both Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who on makes it hard to get everything from Friday in. Plus we haven’t watched this week’s Veronica Mars yet. On top of it I’ll have to check on the World Series every now and then.

The conduct from some sure is strange on the internet. Fortunately it is easy to avoid the sites with those who become too annoying, and Eudora has excellent email filtering. It is especially easy to ignore this time considering that most of the old Kerry crew has been ostracizing the current perpetuator for quite a while. Even the personal attacks at Dem Daily have been rather beneficial. There’s been a big increase in hits from Dem Daily, with the stat counter showing many are both looking around at several pages and book marking the site.

kj,

Oprah’s now speaking out on Holocaust education. I hope Dem Daily doesn’t now attack her for dwelling on it so many years after the event.

kj says:

The wake of this entered into another blog I frequent, a non-political, artist-type place that has been a haven for me since the move. Found a message there just a bit ago blasting me for stabbing an old friend in the back and ripping their heart to shreds. Oh lord. I feel really, really bad that this situation was brought over there. Those people have no idea what any of this is about, nor do they care. I don’t dare post there again, in case there is another out-of-the-blue reference to the state of my moral compass right smack in the middle of the wonderful, off-beat, fun conversations.

Actually that is going to be a loss. Ah well. Principles again. Now that I know that place is considered open season, it would be irresponsible to post there again and tempt another outburst.

I don’t think there is much that I’ve said that hasn’t been said publically, so, you know, we all decide what we believe about people and what we don’t. It’s the internet!

kj says:

Ron, forgot to add, good news about the HD part. I know how it can be when the shows start stacking up. And I forgot all about Boston Legal. JBK’s on that right now.

kj,

That’s why blogs have the ability to ban people, and some people we know are so frequently banned from blogs. If this is a blog you frequent I suggest you continue to do so, and speak with the blog owner about blocking the person who is being disruptive.

I don’t know why some people think free speech means being able to spread whatever they want over the internet. Part of running a blog is maintaining the quality of discussion, including keeping out those who do not know how to play well with others.

kj says:

I guess I could talk to the blog owner, but I still feel like a guest there. Wonderful, warm welcome and inclusion in conversation, but still, these people have interacted with one another for years. I am the newcomer. I unknowingly brought them this bad juju. But, you make a point. I’ll think about it.

Oprah’s remark:
    “I still cannot even imagine what it was like to go through a concentration camp and come out alive and sane,”

And the generations that came after. All affected. Monumental. The attacks on our soil were child’s play in comparison. (In comparison!)

Even if you’re new, I’d suggest continuing in the conversation. If you aren’t bothered, then you have no problem. If Pamela’s friends continue to disrupt, it will be obvious who the disruptive one is and the blog owner can take appropriate action.